Friday, April 27, 2012

Camino Day 26 & 27 - Paris

On my last full day yesterday, I was happy to revisit the places that I have enjoyed most in Paris again.

Walked by an electric car rental station, haven't seen one of those yet in the States (maybe my eyes are just wide shut back home).

Walked past the World Peace monument in Champ de Mars (Field of War named after the Roman God of War, and right across from the French Military School). The placement of the monument in this location is key, and the fact that its design looks unfinished is as well.

Saved my final dinner for a French restaurant specializing in cuisine from the SW of France, duck. Great meal, but not the kind of food you could eat everyday, not without taking up smoking that is...

Witnessed a street person verbally attack a passerby on the street. The innocent man was followed and yelled at for 3 or 4 blocks on the other side of the street from me. Sad to see so many homeless...

Saw a great movie, "Le Prénom". It was in French, so I only caught 50% or less, but great story line. Will have to see it again with English subtitles.

Walked past a gated community in Paris... They have them too.

Learned more about myself and a few cultures this trip.

Learned that this body is but a shell, hiding the same person that came to Europe to live at 18.

Learned that there is still a fuel in this place that ignites a fire in me.

I will be back if fate allows it...

Back to Bella today!! Very, very excited!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment