Thursday, April 5, 2012

Camino Day 4 - Les Roques to Girona

Had a great stay last night at the Hostal Les Roques (http://www.hostallesroques.com/ super people who run the Hostal, even offered to drive me back to the town of Bascara where this stage of the Camino starts again -- I walked of course).

Started as a beautiful day, check out the pic of the snowcapped Pyrenees.

But alas, the weather turned to rain, and the beautiful dirt paths through quaint farmlands turned to rain showers and a few walks at the side of the freeway and freeway ditches just outside of Girona. Not much space in these tight valleys, but not a nice way to end the day.

Actually, after walking through the bad part of town, the sun came out and I was able to walk through the beautiful old town before reaching my hotel (pics of Girona for you tomorrow).

I included a pic of one of the typical good sign posts. The trail marking varies from great in some places to non-existent in others (or at least that's what furious me thinks when I get lost).

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment